Cash Milk

After 3 long weeks of waiting for an online purchase of the IBM Thinkpad from Lenovo's website, the unit arrived today via UPS. I must had missed the note that mention that it would take 2 weeks for the notebook to be assemble in China, shipped to Japan, and then USA.

A friend asked me why am I so hung up on IBM. I would have to say from experience, my IBM products have always been reliable. My bad experiences with other notebook are; bad screen hinges, over-heat heat sink, failed fan motor, cracked screen housing. Notebooks take a lot of beating because they are mobile, so a strong durable notebook is a must.

I am disappointed with the thickness of the T-Series. The new T Series is thicker than it's predecessor the T60. The Thinkpad series is looking more like the cheaper version the Lenovo Series. Also I notice the older T series was more compact, tightly put together. The new T series look like a plus model.

When you spend half your day on the computer and your right hand on a mouse for hours at a time, you will start to realize the versatility and ease of using a mouse track pad. It is a lot easier on the wrist and forearm.

The screen resolution at 1600x900 LED has excellent lighting. I have always prefer the matte finish to the gloss.  I don't need to look at a mirror all day, as the gloss screen tend to do so in the sunlight.

Thinkpad Series has a signature key board feel with minimal flex, last I remembered the Thinkpad keyboard is water proof. There is a video of someone pouring milk on the keyboard and the milk was channel through some drain plug underneath the keyboard. And who can forget the red tracking point signature of Thinkpad Series.

The speakers are placed in an area that will receive a lot of abuse. If you carry your notebook around like I do, your thumb will be applying a lot of pressure in that area. Again the titanium hinges will ensure the screen does not flip flop, I tend to carry my notebook by the screen often when it is open.

The Thinkpad is a business class notebook and it serious about its purpose, as I take my work seriously too.

Categories:

Leave a Reply